Best Diet for Hepatitis Patients

Best diet for patients with hepatitis.

In my practice, I am often asked to recommend diets for various types of clinical conditions. One of those diseases is hepatitis B and C. It is particularly important that traditional beliefs have led to avoidance of essential nutrients, thus complicating the management of the condition. Below, you will find information that could provide guidance regarding my dietary recommendations for patients diagnosed with hepatitis; either B or C:

In general, those diagnosed with chronic viral hepatitis and who have not developed severe complications, such as end stage liver damage do not need to limit their dietary intake (with the assumption that they were on balanced diets before diagnosis). If they are in doubt, the following is a rough guide:

  1. Proteins: Do not limit protein intake. If you do, you are likely to loose your muscle protein, thereby complicating your ability to fight your infection. Lean protein diets such as fish, chicken (skinless), egg white, beans and other legumes.
  2. Fats: Healthy fats in avocados, olive oil, nuts; as well as oils that ware low in fats, plus non-fat dairies.
  3. Carbohydrates: This should form a component of the main meal and not replace other nutrients. Whole grains are better than refined ones. Brown rice, corn, oats and other cereals.
  4. Vegetables and fruits: Plenty is key. This should form your major snack.
  5. Foods to avoid include, but not limited to: Red meats, high salt foods such as dried meat products/cereals thats used salt as major preservatives (this becomes important in those that have developed complications.

Install Liver Nutrition app via link below:

Liver Nutrition app

Comments

  1. This was in response to several questions and comments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank sir, you need to explain what red meat are ,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basically any meat that has muscles and looks red such as beef.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to Dr. Iyabiye who helped cure me of HEPATITIS B and LIVER CIRRHOSIS. I was terribly sick my stomach was swollen with ribs pain I was taken to the hospital for treatment and was diagnosed for chronic hepatitis B and cirrhosis of the liver. Although I was treated to reduce the viral load, but the doctor said the ailment has no cure. My friend told me about this doctor when she came to check upon me, and I contacted him and I got healed/well after using his medications. I ran 3 test and all prove negative meaning I am cured. You can reach Dr Iyabiye for help if in interested through: iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com / call: +234-815-857-7300.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Kindly leave your thoughts here:

Popular posts from this blog

Will I die from hepatitis?